Monday, November 12, 2007

Blogging and Social Sites

Blogging is into a world in its own. I started to get into it more recently. I have been running my car specific sites. Nissan Skyline GT-R's in the USA, and 2009 GT-R.

Of course making money, and not spending money helping people out, and providing information is better than spending money on it. I worked on a number of pages in the past, even hosted my own information. I would spend $50 - $100 a year just providing information for people.

I learned a bit about Google , and Adsense from Automotiveforums.com. The whole team, all the funding for racing came from Google and Adsense. In a round about way, I got paid though Google. It was a bit surreal, and even is still surreal, how much money one can make from online advertising.

Posting on Social sites helps to keep in touch with people, and in the case of business, another route to see customers, and help customers. I run RB Motorings Myspace page , and it took me a while to build it up to the number of friends it has now , it was probably worth it. RB has about 2050 friends , and I can see spikes in traffic when I make posts linking to my other sites.

Most of this is all about laying a foundation for the future. I think if you expect instant huge money, you are looking in the wrong place. If you want to have some fun, and not cost you money to put information and thoughts out there, then blogging, and social sites are the way to go.

No comments: